Together With Veterans (TWV) is a community-based suicide prevention program for rural Veterans. TWV involves partnering with rural Veterans and their communities to implement community-based suicide prevention. TWV is funded by the Veterans Administration Office of Rural Health.
April 13th 1-7 pm EST | L'Anse American Legion Post 114
- The event is open to the public, and geared towards anyone who has ever served, anywhere, at any time, their families, and anyone providing care for a veteran.
- Nationally, more than 50% of veterans are not connected to all their earned military benefits, and we know that connection to benefits saves lives and improves quality of life.
- We hope to build Veteran participation in healthcare and wellbeing activities by promoting connectedness and help seeking.
- Representatives from organizations supporting the well-being of veterans, their families and their caregivers will be on hand, as well as the Baraga County Veteran Service Officer, who can assist veterans with claims and other inquiries.
- Representatives from the Iron Mountain VA will present *PACT Act information and suicide prevention training.
- The local Keweenaw Bay Indian Community Tribe will provide snacks during the day.
- If you are unable to attend and want to get connected with your earned benefits, contact the Baraga County Veteran Service Officer, or dial 2-1-1.
Service Officer Information:
Baraga County Veterans Service Officer
2 S. Main St.
L'Anse, MI 49946
Have questions or are interested in joining the Upper Peninsula Together with Veterans team?
I-REACH Project Director